Passing objects to soap server, complexType, classmap

Hi,

I'm writing both a soap client and server (WSDL mode) using PHP 5.1.4 (self-compiled on OSX 10.4.6 Intel) with the builtin soap extension, and I'm having some difficulties passing an object as a parameter to the SOAP server - it always seems to arrive as a SoapVar object.

My WSDL file is being generated from my class by George Schlossnagel's sample code WSDL_Gen.php (using Reflection API and PHP docs), and appears to be defining the complexType for the object ok (based on my limited WSDL knowledge). I'm using my own class (via SetClass()) to handle the server requests.

I have defined a classmap on both the client & server for the object that I am trying to pass as a parameter.

Unfortunately, regardless of what happens, my object always gets passed to the soap server as a generic SoapVar. I do not see any errors, warnings or messages as to why it could not instantiate the correct object type.

Should this in theory work? Any hints as to where I should be looking to try and track down the problem ?

Thanks for any light you can throw on the matter!
Cheers,
Morgan