Re: soapclient method to .net server returns object not xml

>If you want XML, aren't it a REST service you're trying to create?
>SOAPClient was designed to return a stdObject , not a xml document.

Thanks.

I am only a php SOAPClient accessing a .net soap server.

>From other postings I understand that soapclient is meant to return an object.
That works for me in some instances. Knut Urdalen's wsdl2php has been a great
help. But in an other method, which returns a large multidimensional data set,
I think it would be better to get the result in xml to feed to simpleXml which
would then be easier to work with and would not need parsing.

I also have php ext/soap code calling a different service other than the one I
am using and this method called returns *xml*. A while back I made requests to
a soap server in the form of a post in a web form with the complete soap
request inside the "textarea", that also returned xml. But then I am hearing
knowledgeable people say I am supposed to work with the object that the
soapclient returns.

Knowing no other way to get xml from a soapclient method call I saved the
output of __getLastReponseHeaders and __getLastReponse into a string/file
(both ways) and tried loading them into simpleXml but I get an empty object on
return (testing the same operation with good xml gives a positive result).

Head spinning. Can anyone point me some tips?

Thanks