Re: PHP Web services newbie creation

Thanks to every one,

One more concern i have is that the web services i design wil be used by C++
desktop applications.

I am just wondering if PHP would be able to support all the datatypes of C++
and vice versa.

Wel also plan to sell the web services and make them available to others
pretty much the Google way.

So should i still go for PHP? The main reason my boss is stressing on PHP is
because the rest of all the servers are using PHP.

Regards

On 6/8/06, Anthony Ettinger <aettinger@sdsualumni.org> wrote:

www.php.net/soap

On 6/8/06, Sahibzada Junaid Noor <junaid.noor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi LIst,
>
> I have  been asked by my boss to work on a new project.
>
> The project involves providing web services just like Google. But in our
> case we will be providing security related services. Most of the client
will
> be C++, Delphi, VB desktop products which will be mainly calling our web
> services for updating the software etc.
>
> All our systems are on PHP so my boss is very reluctant to introduce yet
> another programming language in the company and is very happy with PHP.
>
> The only thing that scares me from using PHP for web services is the
fact
> that i will have to write a lot of SOAP stuff that normally i would not
have
> to if i was using Java or .net.
>
> also i am very unclear about what is Pear and nuSOAP and how does PHP
uses
> them. I know that i have to use SOAP because it provides
interoperability
> for other applications made in other programming languages. But SOAP
> involves WSDL. and my knowledge tells me that unlike java and .net , if
i am
> going to write the web services in PHP, i will have to write the WSDL
file
> myself.
>
> is there any way i can write web services in PHP which are then used by
C++

--
Anthony Ettinger
Signature: http://chovy.dyndns.org/hcard.html