Re: PHP5 SOAP Extension - Request Header Elements with Attributes

Hi Dmitry,

I want to extend the soap server and client implementation with functions that return the request (client) / response (server) as a dom document, instead of writing them to the output buffer. Capturing the output buffer and re-loading it into a dom document is a waste of resources.

There are several ways to achieve this:

1. Seperate function with the same parameters as handle() or __call()
2. Add additional optional parameters or options to in to handle() and __call() which tell the function if it has to return the dom document
3. Always return the dom document with handle() or __call()
3. Use return_value_used to check if the function has to write to the output buffer or return the dom document.

What do you think about adding this functionality and which option do you prefer?

Kind regards,

David

Peter De Vries wrote:
Have been struggling with something similar myself recently. Support for
attributes is still limited. For now I solved it by overriding the __doRequest
method of the SoapClient object, loading the request into a DOM object, make
the required modifications and send. It's a bit of a hassle but it works fine.
There's kind of an example on the __doRequest manual page.

Peter.

--- Paul Osman <paul@eval.ca> wrote:

HI There,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to specify request header elements with attributes using the PHP5 SOAP extension? I've tried to figure it out from the docs for the SoapHeader class, but they're a little unclear and I see no mention of attributes. What I need is something like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Header>
	<ns1:Security SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1">
		<ns2:Timestamp>
		</ns2:Timestamp>
		<ns1:UsernameToken>
			<Username> ... </Username>
			<Password Type="..."> ... </Password>
		</ns1:UsernameToken>
	</ns1:Security>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>

Notice the "Type" attribute of the "Password" element. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul