Re: In-memory WSDL cache for ext/soap (was: [SOAP] Frequent crashes in multithreaded webserver sincenew WSDLcaching code in ext/soap)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Dmitry Stogov wrote:

> Now you can enable disk and/or memory cache through configuration directive
> "soap.wsdl_cache" in php.ini.
> It can have one of the following values WSDL_CACHE_NONE, WSDL_CACHE_DISK,
> WSDL_CACHE_MEMORY, WSDL_CACHE_BOTH. The default value is WSDL_CACHE_DISK for
> backward compatibility.

Can we change WSDL_CACHE_BOTH to WSDL_CACHE_ALL to prevent problems if
we add a third method of WSDL caching? Ideally, we'd also use bitwise
operators here, similar to error reporting:

WSDL_CACHE_MEMORY | WSDL_CACHE_DISK

> BTW the patch is not trivial, it had a lot of bugs and may be not
> all of them are found.  So we need to decide if this feature should
> go into 5.1.3 or only into next release.

I would prefer not to break ext/soap, so I suggest 5.2.0. My main
reason for delaying is that this does not add any new functionality:
it's "only" performance improvements. People who really need it can
run latest CVS.

-adam

--
adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"