authentication basic or digest authentication

Hi, I'm new programming in nusoap/pear/php5, and I have some questions about authentication...

1.- If you give your username and password with setcredentials or in php5/pear with parameters, what modules needs Apache? and how the web service at the side of the server gets the username and password?

2.- The same questions but if I use the digest authentication
--
Sent from the Php - Soap forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/authentication-basic-or-digest-authentication-t825553.html#a2142032