Re: RE: element handling in schema

On Mar 28, 2005, at 12:41 AM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, George Schlossnagle wrote:

This is acceptable, but I'd like to take another shot at convincing you
it's wrong. The whole idea of wsdl is to allow a full generation of
proxy classes. With this, you can't. You're forced to delve into
complex machinations where you should just be calling a method name.
It really reduces the elegance of the solution.

Agreed. It's a real pain to need to deciper the documentation to create all the classes for your SOAP header with all the SoapVars and SoapHeader elements.

As an interesting side, Apache Axis handles wsdl-ized request/response headers by making them parameters in the proxy methods. I know PHP isn't Java, this is just a datapoint.

George