Plz help... webservices

I've downloaded the windows setup for Php .i'm using win2000 prof.. i wanna implement a web service using soap and XML in php .What all things i need to do ie configurations about my machine...wheather i need any additional components to be downloaded.. if so where it is available and how to do plzzz  i'm a starter in php plz help me