Re: Corn job anomaly

I suspect you are taking the pipe or semicolon literally.

Drop the pipe and semicolon entirely. This should work:

    /usr/bin/php5 -c /home/123456/etc/php.ini -f /home/123456/data/auto_reminder.php

The "pipe" (|) in unix (and I assume this is unix) means to pipe the output
of php5 -c config to the command "-f /home...php". Which (-f) isn't a command.

The "semicolon" (;) in unix means "do this command first; then do this command"
so in your second part it is running /home/123456/data/auto_reminder.php -udb123456 after it runs php5.

Usually php5 -c php.ini will run PHP in interactive mode, and sits and
waits for input. When run from cron, there is no input, so it dies, unable
to pipe the output (there is none) or just run the next command.

So -- lose the pipe, lose the semicolon, just run the command above in cron
(and on the command line) and it should "just work."

Beckman