Re: Subject Matter

*"There are a lot of off topic emails sent. But there is far more whining
and
**complaining. Good grief!"

+1*

Let's remember that not everyone on the list is an expert programmer or
someone with years of DBA experience.  The purpose of the list (IMHO) is to
HELP others with their PHP/DB questions, or at least point them in the
right direction so that they can continue to learn and grow.  This is one
thing I have commended the PHP community for, their willingness to INCLUDE
people and be patient with newbies.  Sure there are going to be off-topic
conversations, questions that get proposed to the wrong list, etc - heck
I'm guilty of it myself.

But quite frankly (haven't had my coffee, be warned), if you're going to
complain that not every message on the list meets your specific standards,
then you're in the wrong place.  Add some filters to your mailbox, or
better yet, jump in and help out instead of complaining that "your needs"
aren't being met.

Just my two cents...

- Mike

ps - if you look on php.net it clearly says this list is NOT moderated...