Re: Re: mysql query

On 8/23/2013 4:32 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
If your on a PC I would just get Eclipse. But if you have netbeans,
you can set the syntax highlighting for the different scripts you
write in the preferences. PHP, java, javascript, etc...

But the problem tha5 has been identified will never be flagged by simple
highlighting. Debugging complex SQL queries is possibly better done
outside of the PHP pages. Not sure exactly what SQL plug-in I've got
running on Eclipse at the moment, but as Ethan identified earlier, the
SQL script ran from the command line. It was passing the variables into
it which was wrong.

I'm with him on the statement that MySQL should have returned an error.
Certainly Firebird would have done and so identifying the problem might
have been easier.

I think the reason he didn't get the error was cause of his lack of a connection which never allowed it to run.