Re: Problem with query

Im going to play devils advocate here and say, why is it the one who's helping that needs to be polite and respectful? Isn't it also the newbies responsibility to respect and be polite to those taking time out of their day to help them and not be so stubborn as to not take the advice given which has been the example given here by Ethan? Ethan has been given great advice and should be taking that advice and looking things up and learning, not asking "Newbie confused, please explain?". It seems to me that the "Help" is being taken advantage of here and used as a crutch to get the work done that Ethan has taken upon himself even thought he knows he knows very little about programming in PHP. And that is PHP not PhD. But all that aside as you can see, the same people who Ethan has somewhat ignored their advice are still going against their better judgement to go out of their way to help.. again. Just how much help should be given before you realize the horse is just not drinking the water? I am all for Ethan getting help from the list and I don't want to chastise, but come on, someone with a PhD should know better and should know even better then most on how to listen and learn. Hence the PhD. You don't get one of those by doing what Ethan is doing. If he did that to his professors, he would have failed. Just saying.

Best,
Karl