Re: Problem wkith Query

On 23 June 2013 21:37, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD <erosenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 6/23/2013 2:31 PM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:

        Dear List -

        There is an error in my query, and I cannot find it.

        This fails:

        $_SESSION['Cust_Num'] = $_REQUEST['cnum'];
        $_SESSION['CustNum'] = $_REQUEST['cnum'];

        echo "session<br />"; //this has the proper values
        print_r($_SESSION);

$sql10 = "select Balance, Payments, Charges, Date from Charges where
        Cust_Num = $_SESSION[Cust_Num] order by Date";
        echo $sql10; //echos the correct query
        $result10 = mysqli_query($cxn, $sql10);
        var_dump($result1); // this returns NULL

    Against my better judgement, here I go again.

    Is this the "actual" code you executed, or is it once again a typeover?

    Your 1st error is in these two lines:

        $result10 = mysqli_query($cxn, $sql10);

        var_dump($result1); // this returns NULL

    Yes your dump returns null.  And always will.

Any further errors might be related to your non-standard syntax for the session variable. Per the manual, associative arrays using string indices should always use ' ' around them. They work (as mentioned in the manual) but are wrong.
    =======
    Jim -

    Is this the "actual" code you executed, or is it once again a typeover?

            The actual code

Any further errors might be related to your non-standard syntax for the session variable. Per the manual, associative arrays using string indices should always use ' ' around them. They work (as mentioned in the manual) but are wrong.

            Newbie is confused.

            Please explain.

Try ...

$sql10 = "select Balance, Payments, Charges, Date from Charges where Cust_Num = {$_SESSION['Cust_Num']} order by Date";

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : @RQuadling

Ethan