Re: Firebird return wrong value

Matijn Woudt wrote:
Dear List!

>i have a strange problem.
>
>I have a Firebird database (dialect 3). Firebird server: 2.0.6
>I create a table, and insert a row like that:
>CREATE TABLE PRICE (
>   ID INTEGER NOT NULL,
>   "NAME" VARCHAR(10),
>   COST NUMERIC(15, 2));
>
>INSERT INTO PRICE (ID, "NAME", COST)

You should not use double quotes around column names. Try to use backtick
operator instead:
INSERT INTO `PRICE` (`ID`, `NAME`, `COST`)
Don't know if that solves the problem, but it's atleast good practice.
Second, do you really need firebird database?
It's pretty outdated database, and there are much better alternatives.

Matijn ... All totally incorrect information for a REAL SQL database. Backticks are a bodge for MySQL only and not part of the SQL standard.

And Firebird is used for many systems worldwide and is a much better alternative to many later database engines. Many Oracle users are porting over to Firebird to reduce costs.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL