RE: convert special characters.

Ah - the perils of copying and pasting, and not actually checking...

The short answer is - I don't know, probably not. Also, the "$dbcnx" is the
database connection you have already set up with mysql_connect().

To be honest, you should probably give this a read:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqlinfo.concepts.charset.php

If I had the time right now, I would ;-)

  Toby