RE: convert special characters.

You probably aren't setting your database connection to UTF-8. Try doing
this before you do anything with the database, after you have connected:

	mysql_query("SET character_set_results=utf8", $dbcnx);
	mb_language('uni');	mb_internal_encoding('UTF-8');
	mysql_query("SET character_set_results=utf8", $dbcnx);

  Toby