Re: convert special characters.

> No one?
> Not even a link I can go look this up myself with?
>
> I have successfuly converted before, but this time the company
> is in the netherlands and their special characters are doing this.
> Also, I have the database set to UTF-8, but when I check the charset:
>
> $charset = mysql_client_encoding($con);
>
> it returns latin1?
>
> Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
> Not looking for someone to do it for me.
> Just some help figuring out which way to look.
>
> Why is htmlentities() converting wrong?

How are you determining that you are using UTF-8 charset?
I think you want to set everything to UTF-8..   the database, the table (or even finer in case any setting has e.g. a column set to another charset), the script files, the HTML output, the browser, *everything*.
Just because e.g. one sets the charset in the browser does not mean that Apache (or whatever webserver you are using) is set to serve that charset.

-Govinda