Re: How to Sync MySQL with iPhone or Google Contacts

Hi Ron,
yes,you should try to use Google as a gateway; the Google API is very
well documented,
I think all you need is just the user account (and password) and then
through the API you should access all data.

Cheers.

On 23 October 2010 19:10, listread <listread@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> AndrÃs,
>
> It would be tempting to build an app for this, but we don't have a single
> Mac in the place.
>
> Maybe syncing with Google is the way to go? ÂThat would keep the iPhone out
> of the equation. Â(This is not intended for the market.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ron
>
> On 10/23/2010 2:16 PM, AndrÃs G. MontaÃez wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ron,
>> watchout with the jailbrake becaous it will void your warranty over
>> the iphone. If you want to sync the phone's contact with "something",
>> you really should check the iphone API and build an iphone application
>> which hooks and listens for contact's change and then notify the
>> changes to your server.
>> I know building an iphone app is a pain, but I think its the right way
>> to do it, if not the only.
>> Is this need for a hobbie or you need to implement this for a public
>> application?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> On 23 October 2010 13:57, listread<listread@xxxxxxx> Âwrote:
>>

>>> Karl / AndrÃs
>>>
>>> Thanks for your replies.
>>>
>>> iMy appears to be only a client and I can already access servers with php
>>> on
>>> the iPhone web browser.
>>>
>>> I would like MySQL on my iPhone. ÂThere was a way to make a jailbroke
>>> iPhone
>>> a MySQL server, but I'm not sure it is available any longer.
>>>
>>> My immediate desire is to sync the iPhone's native contacts and, perhaps,
>>> the calendar with our online server over the internet. ÂPreferably syncs
>>> would be "pushed".
>>>
>>> With a Google Gmail account, you can already do just exactly that. ÂOnce
>>> set
>>> up, if you update your Gmail contacts, a minute or two later your iPhone
>>> contacts will be sync'd. ÂIt's supposed to work with the Google calendar,
>>> too, but I haven't tried it. ÂIt appears that Google is using a MS
>>> Exchange
>>> Server or similar. ÂThe setup in the iPhone uses the Exchange server
>>> settings. ÂSee http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/
>>>
>>> The solution I'm looking for would be server side -- if not completely,
>>> in
>>> part. Â Again, it would be best to sync directly to the iPhone, but if
>>> the
>>> server would sync with the Google calendar and Google sync'd with the
>>> iPhone, that would be an acceptable 2nd choice.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your reply!
>>>
>>> - Ron
>>>

>>> On 10/23/2010 5:47 AM, AndrÃs G. MontaÃez wrote

>>> --
>>>

> --

AndrÃs G. MontaÃez
Zend Certified Engineer