Re: oracle pooling

DRCP is really a big improvement. But for me it has a great holdback: the pool controlled in the server side isn't defined for a specific schema, so if we have an application server serving different connections demanding different credentials certainly the performance will be worse. Another big problem is that one application hosted in the web server can lock the pool completely is the demand for this application improve.

In other hands if we work with traditional pooling, configured in the client side, we should define one pool for each aplication with his own credentials. The pool will never blocked by one system and for hosts with several credentials the performance will be better. The performance and availability will be insured.

Of corse both are good solutions, each one for your specific purpose.

You have to make a change to the php code (the tns definition) to use pooling - it's not going to use pooling just because you enable it.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/