Re: Test connection to database

Jack van Zanen wrote:
Databases are located in several datacentres throughout the area/country and we connect through dedicated lines not internet. I realize that there may be many factors to consider, I just would like to have the PHP experts have a look at my method/PHP code to check that this is fairly optimized

Looks ok.

You can also use something like nagios or monit (or others) to do all of this for you.. and they also monitor other services (eg http, ftp, also disk-space, load etc etc).

Another avenue to check out anyway :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/