Re: Test connection to database

Jack van Zanen wrote:
Hi

I have written a little program that cycles through a list of databases and
checks conectivity. it writes the status of this to a table

now to check all 143 databases it takes about 50 seconds and I was wondering
if this sounds about right to you guys.

Across your network I assume. All internal or some db's are external? Don't forget about network overhead, and even more so if you're going out to the internet at some point.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/