Re: Determine AuthMySQL* directives in script?

Dwight Altman wrote:
I only agree to it "depending" if I have to write my own function using a
regular expression to parse the .htaccess file, but I was wondering if it is
already available from a PHP function or variable.

In the .htaccess file, the AuthMySQLDB directive:
1) may not be present
2) may be commented out
3) may appear like the following starting in the first columns:
AuthMySQL...
AuthMySQLDB		aDataBaseName
AuthMySQL...
4) may be commented out with a valid entry present
#AuthMySQLDB		oldInactiveDataBaseName
AuthMySQLDB		newActiveDataBaseName
5) who knows? -- it may have other "white space" and not start in the first
column
AuthMySQLDB newActiveDataBaseName
Is that what you meant?  How else can it be specified in the .htaccess file?

No, I meant it depends on how it is defined in the htaccess file.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_env.html

SetEnv AuthMySQLDB dbName

would allow you to:

$dbname = getenv('AuthMySQLDB');