Determine AuthMySQL* directives in script?

Is there an existing way via a function or variable to determine Apache
mod_auth_mysql directives (specifically AuthMySQLDB) in use for the current
script?

On our servers, some directories use a basic .htaccess file while some use a
database under mod_auth_mysql while the latest user management system uses a
different database still using mod_auth_mysql.

I would like to have my PHP script determine which .htaccess technique is
being used for its directory, so that the script checks the correct database
for more fine grained ACL role privileges.

An alternative is that I'd have to write a routine to parse the .htaccess
file to check for the directive in a regular expression (and if that
directive is in use {regardless of whitespace} or commented out and not in
use).

Regards,
Dwight