RE: Determine AuthMySQL* directives in script?

I only agree to it "depending" if I have to write my own function using a
regular expression to parse the .htaccess file, but I was wondering if it is
already available from a PHP function or variable.

In the .htaccess file, the AuthMySQLDB directive:
1) may not be present
2) may be commented out
3) may appear like the following starting in the first columns:
AuthMySQL...
AuthMySQLDB		aDataBaseName
AuthMySQL...
4) may be commented out with a valid entry present
#AuthMySQLDB		oldInactiveDataBaseName
AuthMySQLDB		newActiveDataBaseName
5) who knows? -- it may have other "white space" and not start in the first
column
	AuthMySQLDB		newActiveDataBaseName

Is that what you meant?  How else can it be specified in the .htaccess file?

It does not appear in $_ENV.
I also didn't see anything in the Apache specific functions catching my eye,
however I did see the mod_auth_mysql module loaded with
"apache_get_modules()" (but I can't rely on this because I need to know
which database is being used).

apache_getenv seems to load what I already see in phpinfo().  I just don't
see an AuthMySQLDB entry.

Regards,
Dwight