Re: MySQL sort stopped working

Tony Grimes wrote:
I have this page that lists artists alphabetically:

http://www.wallacegalleries.com/artists.php

At least it did until today. Nobody made any changes to the files, but the
database stopped sorting by artist_id. The list shown is just the default
order that mysql spits out if the SORT BY clause is omitted (as if I clicked
'browse' in phpMyAdmin).

Right. All databases do exactly the same thing. There are no guarantees about sorting unless you tell it exactly how to sort.

The SQL works in phpMyAdmin, and the site uses PEAR::DB. We patched the
server last week, but the problem showed up this morning.

What sql? With an order by?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/