Re: do not display dublicated entries

----- Original Message -----
From: "septic" <nrasidakis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:29 AM
Subject:  do not display dublicated entries

> Hello all,
>
> I have created a simple webtracer for my website and I save some info on
> mysql database.
>
> table = tracker
>
> FIELDS
> ip
> day
> month
> year
> session_id
> browser of visitor
> page that was visited

how about change the fields
ip
date (contain both day,month and year)
session_id
Browser
page

> What I would like to do next,  is simple to create an output of that
> database with the last time that every different IP has visited my
website.

> the best output I have at the moment is:
>
> $query = "SELECT ip,day,month,year FROM tracker WHERE page = 'index'
ORDER
> BY `tracker`.`year` DESC , `tracker`.`month` DESC , `tracker`.`day` DESC
> LIMIT 0,20   ";
i think when u able to change the field.. i hope you will have easy sql

select * from tracker where page='index'
order by date DESC limit 0,10

other trick:
select * from tracker where page='index'
order by id DESC

> The problem is that I want to Keep for each different IP the fisrt entry
> that is found on this output I get.
>
> therefore I would say that the output would represent the last visit of
each
> different user on my website.
>
> do you know of a php or sql trick to avoid entries that containt the same
IP
> entries ?
there is no trick.. i believe is a matter of programing..
to me i using mktime() to the date (not type date)
but in the end.. i should create a date than an integer.

is you decision to follow me using integer ( by mktime() ) or using date.

> Thanks in advance for the help.
btw.. i was wondering.. you enter date but why you not enter the time.