From: <tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <mferry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 4:26 PM
Subject: Re:  2 queries --> 1 array

> Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, Matt, but I think it
is.

> <?php
> $query = "SELECT t1.NAME, t1.BUSINESS, t1.ADDRESS, t1.CITY, t1.PHONE,
t2.CONTACT_NAME, t2.CONTACT_VALUE FROM Table1 as t1, Table2 as t2 WHERE
t1.ID = t2.CONTACT_ID"
> $result = mysql_query($query);
>
> while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
>   // to make it easier to read, I'll assign the values to variables for
this demonstration
>   $name = $row['NAME'];
>   $business = $row['BUSINESS'];
>   $address = $row['ADDRESS'];
>   $city = $row['CITY'];
>   $phone = $row['PHONE'];
>   $contactname = $row['CONTACT_NAME'];
>   $contactvalue = $row['CONTACT_VALUE'];
>
>   $bigarray[$name][$contactname] = $contactvalue;
> }
>

> $JoeBrownPrevsys = $bigarray['Joe Brown']['Prevsys'];
> ?>
>

> If that's not right, please re-describe the problem and let's see what we
can figure out.

> If you have questions about what/how/why/etc...  feel free to ask.
>
> -TG

contact_owner, contact_name, and contact_value

>   a.. The 'contact_id' needs to be linked to 'id' field from the first
table.
>   b.. The contact_name is a field I need to use to reference what i'm
looking for.
>                     example... contact_name HAS values of RANO, PrevSys,
Supplier, Dynamic
>                     each of them has the same contact_id different
contact_names with different contact_values

> To query the second table I do something like this:
>
> SELECT contact_value FROM egw_addressbook_extra WHERE
contact_name='Supplier' and contact_id=' XXX'

> The xxx is the ID from the first table.

> Table 1:
>
> ID                    NAME                    BUSINESS
ADDRESS                CITY                         PHONE
> 1                  John Smith                Smith's Phone Co.         100
Main St              Someplace               555-5555
> 2                  Joe Brown                 Brown's Shoe Store        105
Grant St.            This City                  555-0001

> Table 2:
>
> CONTACT_ID                                CONTACT_NAME
CONTACT_VALUE                                CONTACT_OWNER
>       1                                                 PrevSys
NONE                                                            4
>       1                                                 RANO
100102                                                           4
>       1                                                 Supplier
TrueValue                                                       4
>       1                                                 Dynamic
192.168.0.0                                                     4
>       2                                                 PrevSys
OLD POS SYS                                                 4
>       2                                                 RANO
100105                                                             4
>       2                                                 Supplier
Orgill                                                                4
>       2                                                 Dynamic
192.168.100.0                                                   4

> I want to query both  tables and create a array.  The extra fields from
table two need to have their own field in the array.