  From: Natalie Leotta
  To: Matthew Ferry
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 3:41 PM
  Subject: Re:  2 queries --> 1 array

  I think this will help, but I'm not sure I understood your question correctly.

  http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp

  On 1/12/07, Matthew Ferry <mferry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hello,

    I need to query two different tables and create one "BIG" array.

    I can query both tables, but can't find a way to combine the results in one array.
    The problem comes in with the second table.  It has a weird layout.

    The second table only has four fields. They are:  contact_id, contact_owner, contact_name, and contact_value

      a.. The 'contact_id' needs to be linked to 'id' field from the first table.
      b.. The contact_name is a field I need to use to reference what i'm looking for.
                        example... contact_name HAS values of RANO, PrevSys, Supplier, Dynamic
                        each of them has the same contact_id different contact_names with different contact_values

    To query the second table I do something like this:

    SELECT contact_value FROM egw_addressbook_extra WHERE contact_name='Supplier' and contact_id=' XXX'

    The xxx is the ID from the first table.

    Table 1:

    ID                    NAME                    BUSINESS                   ADDRESS                CITY                         PHONE
    1                  John Smith                Smith's Phone Co.         100 Main St              Someplace               555-5555
    2                  Joe Brown                 Brown's Shoe Store        105 Grant St.            This City                  555-0001

    Table 2:

    CONTACT_ID                                CONTACT_NAME                                    CONTACT_VALUE                                CONTACT_OWNER
          1                                                 PrevSys                                                  NONE                                                            4
          1                                                 RANO                                                     100102                                                           4
          1                                                 Supplier                                                   TrueValue                                                       4
          1                                                 Dynamic                                                   192.168.0.0                                                     4
          2                                                 PrevSys                                                  OLD POS SYS                                                 4
          2                                                 RANO                                                     100105                                                             4
          2                                                 Supplier                                                   Orgill                                                                4
          2                                                 Dynamic                                                  192.168.100.0                                                   4

    I want to query both  tables and create a array.  The extra fields from table two need to have their own field in the array.
    I need to call those extra fields in the array by the contact_name field...

    example....   $myrow[supplier] $myrow[PrepSys] $myrow[name]

    I have tried alot of stuff to get this done, but i think i was very off task.

    Some help/guide is needed.... I'm new!!!!

    Thanks...

    Matt