Re: use of undefined constant

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
Hello again,

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Chris wrote:

You'll need to change:

$PHP_AUTH_USER to $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and $PHP_AUTH_PW to $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']

The former variables are ok before 4.2.0 (where register_globals was off by default I think) but now they have moved to the $_SERVER super-global.

Read http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.predefined.php

Thanks a lot again! I am so thankful for your help! It did work. But I have a curious observation. I can only log in when I delete the password and just log in using my login. As soon as I write password with field type PASSWORD or OLD_PASSWORD I am not able to login. Delete the password, and I am back in the program. Now I guess I will need to talk to the person who wrote it for us a couple of years ago because I am not sure what is going on. Presumably as this was written for mysql 3.x something and php 4.0.x so I guess the code has lots of things which may now be incompatible.

Yeh sounds like the old code needs a bit of an overhaul.

PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW are set once per browser session. Try closing & re-opening your browser. If that doesn't fix the problem with the passwords, separate things out:

$id_worker=getWorkerID($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']);

###### this will go into your apache error log or if php has an error_log it will go there.

error_log('id_worker returned ' . $id_worker);

    if(!isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']) || !$id_worker)
    {
        Header( "WWW-authenticate: basic realm='Workers of SGM only'");
        Header( "HTTP/1.0  401  Unauthorized");
echo "You must enter a valid login ID and password to access this system\n";
        exit;
    };

and go from there. If id_worker is returning something when it shouldn't, look at that function and work out why and go "backwards" to find the problem :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/