Re: Re: Sending filing attachments using PHP

What planet are you on? Seriously? Because PEAR does not need to be compiled into PHP. Zend Optimizer is no different to the optimizers

I was referring to --with-pear, sorry "compiled" was not the right word *

available for other scripting languages. Version mismatches are a fact

I was referring to how Zend Opt is "required" for some stuff mainly because its necessary to offset the bloat. *

of life with all tools, deal with it. And last but not least, you do not

And PHP tends to have a greater majority of them, have you ever managed PHP on multiple servers? If you have you kwo exactly what I'm referring to.

have to be root to do anything with PHP, or indeed Apache except to

I was referring to building PHP/Apache in general *

listen on a port lower than 1024, which is true for all tools since it's a platform limitation.

* I'm speaking in generalitites of working with PHP not specifics components of the technology.

And that module is not a MIME tool in itself, it uses perl's MIME tools and SMTP tools but it abstracts all of that for you so all you have to do is make a hash that represents your mail. No knowlege of SMTP or MIME necessary.

And you can install it as a regular user and use it yourself if need be, what could be easier :)

Yeah, you're definitely smoking somethin'. The PEAR package Mail_Mime is another example of a pure-php class. It certainly does not use anything perl related at all. I'd really like to know what makes you think it does.

I never said PEAR or any specific package used Perl, I'd simply offered a better solution that happend to be done in Perl.

Oh, and there's nothing stopping you installing any of the PEAR classes as a regular user and using it yourself. What could be easier? Not having to read your ignorant emails.

I was outlining some of PHP faults, not getting personal which truly *is* ignorant.

Good day to all, sorry if I was to ambiguouse or I've offended.