PostgreSQL functions missing

Hi,

My sys admin installed an update to H-Sphere (control panel software) that
broke PEAR::DB and phpBB last week. After much trial and error, I finally
tracked it down to missing pg_affected_rows() and pg_cmdtuples() functions
(for PEAR and phpBB respectively) in PHP. I'm assuming that the H-Sphere
update also included an upgrade for PHP and they didn't compile it right.

Does anyone know how we can fix this? Does Psoft (the company that makes
H-Sphere) have to recompile libpq? The server is currently running PHP 4.4.2
and PosgreSQL 7.4.11. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tony