Re: PostgreSQL functions missing

On 4/27/06, Tony Grimes <thelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My sys admin installed an update to H-Sphere (control panel software) that
> broke PEAR::DB and phpBB last week. After much trial and error, I finally
> tracked it down to missing pg_affected_rows() and pg_cmdtuples() functions
> (for PEAR and phpBB respectively) in PHP. I'm assuming that the H-Sphere
> update also included an upgrade for PHP and they didn't compile it right.
>
> Does anyone know how we can fix this? Does Psoft (the company that makes
> H-Sphere) have to recompile libpq? The server is currently running PHP 4.4.2
> and PosgreSQL 7.4.11. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Was postgres updated at the same time or possibly compiled against a
different version to yours?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php

Note:  Not all functions are supported by all builds. It depends on
your libpq (The PostgreSQL C client library) version and how libpq is
compiled. If PHP PostgreSQL extensions are missing, then it is because
your libpq version does not support them.

I guess psoft needs to help you sort this one out..

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/