From: Benjamin Stambaugh <bmstamba@xxxxxxx>
To: "php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Passwords
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:34:25 -0500

Hi,

I have created a user login/registration page. As of now I am using a MySQL database to store the info of the user. To validate the user I also have the password stored in the same DB. I was wondering if there is a way that I can store the password in the DB so that it is encrypted or something. Just so it is not in plain text.

Ben