Issues with Oracle

--- Begin Message ---
Hi, I'm using Oracle 8i and the propel project as the persistence layer. In the server is installed Instant Client of ORACLE v10.2. I'm also using PHP 5.1.2.

The thing here is that after several hours, I got disconnected from Oracle for configuration reasons, and I get the message (written from propel)  not connected to ORACLE.

According to what I've been reading, I think this happen because PHP doesn't "know", I mean, PHP hasn't realized that Oracle database dropped the connection, then PHP continue using the same connection over and over.

Have you noticed that kind of behavior before?. In case you have noticed that, what is the solution?

I'm copying a piece of the php_info() function of php just in case.

OCI8
OCI8 Support                         enabled
Revision                         $Revision: 1.269.2.8 $
Active Persistent Connections         0
Active Connections                 0
Oracle Instant Client Version         10.2
Temporary Lob support         enabled
Collections support                 enabled

--- End Message ---
***************  PDVSA´S INTERNET E-MAIL USE  ***************
This message may contain information solely  of the interest of PDVSA or
its businesses. Copying,  distribution,  disclosure  or any  use  of the
information   contained  in  this  transmission  is  permitted  only  to
authorized  parties. If you have  received this e-mail by  error, please
destroy it and notify webmaster@xxxxxxxxx or the sender by reply email.

******  USO DEL CORREO ELECTRONICO DE PDVSA HACIA INTERNET  ******
Esta nota puede contener informacion de interes solo  para  PDVSA o  sus
negocios. Solo esta  permitida su  copia, distribucion  o uso a personas
autorizadas. Si recibio esta  nota  por  error,  por  favor destruyala y
notifique al remitente o a webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx