RE: php/sendmail help!

Thanks for your help Bastien.  I have it all working now, no problems.  I also have generated a Unique ID for the form also.

  Jerry

Bastien Koert <bastien_k@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are in serious need of some regex here...google email regex and you will
have enough results to get you what you want.

Postal Code (assume 2 letters 4 dgits in that order

if (ereg("^[A-Z]{2}{0-9]{4}$",$_POST['postal'])){

As for pasting it back to the form, I would suggest you have the form as a
function and the processing code as a function, then you can pass the post
arrays back and forth and pass the error handling along with it

Bastien

    Country:  >SIZE="1">AUSTRALIANEW >ZEALANDFIJIUNITED >KINGDOMGERMANYSWEDENCANADA-----------------AFGHANISTANALBANIAALGERIAAMERICAN >SAMOAANDORRAANGOLAANGUILLAANTARCTICAANTIGUA >AND >BARBUDAARGENTINAARMENIAARUBAAUSTRIAAZERBAIJANBAHAMASBAHRAINBANGLADESHBARBADOSBELARUSBELGIUMBELIZEBENINBERMUDABHUTANBOLIVIABOSNIA >AND HERZEGOWINABOTSWANABOUVET >ISLANDBRAZILBRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORYBRUNEI >DARUSSALAMBULGARIABURKINA> >FASOBURUNDICAMBODIACAMEROONCANADACAPE >VERDECAYMAN ISLANDSCENTRAL AFRICAN >REPUBLICCHADCHILECHINACHRISTMAS >ISLANDCOCOS (KEELING) >ISLANDSCOLOMBIACOMOROSCONGOCOOK >ISLANDSCOSTA RICACOTE D'IVOIRECROATIA (local name: >Hrvatska)CUBACYPRUSCZECH >REPUBLICDENMARKDJIBOUTIDOMINICADOMINICAN >REPUBLICEAST TIMORECUADOREGYPTEL >SALVADOREQUATORIAL >GUINEAERITREAESTONIAETHIOPIAFALKLAND >ISLANDS (MALVINAS)FAROE >ISLANDSFIJIFINLANDFRANCEFRANCE, >METROPOLITANFRENCH GUIANAFRENCH POLYNESIAFRENCH>
 >OTHERGABONGAMBIAGEORGIAGERMANYGHANAGIBRALTARGREECEGREENLANDGRENADAGUADELOUPEGUAMGUATEMALAGUINEAGUINEA-BISSAUGUYANAHAITIHEARD >AND MC DONALD ISLANDSHONDURASHONG >KONGHUNGARYICELANDINDIAINDONESIAIRAN >(ISLAMIC REPUBLIC >OF)IRAQIRELANDISRAELITALYJAMAICAJAPANJORDANKAZAKHSTANKENYAKIRIBATIKOREAKUWAITKYRGYZSTANLATVIALEBANONLESOTHOLIBERIALIBYAN >ARAB JAMAHIRIYALIECHTENSTEINLITHUANIALOCATION NOT >REPORTEDLUXEMBOURGMACAUMACEDONIAMADAGASCARMALAWIMALAYSIAMALDIVESMALIMALTAMARSHALL> >ISLANDSMARTINIQUEMAURITANIAMAURITIUSMAYOTTEMEXICOMICRONESIAMOLDOVA, >REPUBLIC >OFMONACOMONGOLIAMONTSERRATMOROCCOMOZAMBIQUEMYANMARNAMIBIANAURUNEPALNETHERLANDSNETHERLANDS >ANTILLESNEW CALEDONIANEW >ZEALANDNICARAGUANIGERNIGERIANIUENORFOLK >ISLANDNORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDSNORWAYNot >AvailableOMANPAKISTANPALAUPANAMAPAPUA >NEW >GUINEAPARAGUAYPERUPHILIPPINESPITCAIRNPOLANDPORTUGALPUERTO >RICOQATARREUNIONROMANIARUSSIAN >FEDERATIONRWANDASAINT KITTS AND NEVISSAINT >LUCIASAINT VINCENTSAMOASAN MARINOSAO TOME >AND PRINCIPESAUDI
 >ARABIASENEGALSEYCHELLESSIERRA> LEONESINGAPORESLOVAKIA (Slovak >Republic)SLOVENIASOLOMON >ISLANDSSOMALIASOUTH AFRICASOUTH GEORGIA >SPAINSRI LANKAST. HELENAST. PIERRE AND >MIQUELONSUDANSURINAMESWAZILANDSWEDENSWITZERLANDSYRIAN >ARAB REPUBLICTAIWAN, PROVINCE OF >CHINATAJIKISTANTANZANIA, UNITED REPUBLIC >OFTHAILANDTOGOTOKELAUTONGATRINIDAD >AND TOBAGOTUNISIATURKEYTURKMENISTANTURKS >AND CAICOS ISLANDSTUVALUUGANDAUKRAINEUNITED >ARAB EMIRATESUNITED KINGDOMUNITED STATESUNITED >STATES MINORUNKNOWN >LOCATIONURUGUAYUZBEKISTANVANUATUVATICAN >CITY STATE (HOLY SEE)VENEZUELAVIET NAMVIRGIN >ISLANDS (BRITISH)VIRGIN ISLANDS (U.S.)WALLIS AND FUTUNA >ISLANDSWESTERN> >SAHARAYEMENZAMBIAZIMBABWE    Message:

>  [input]

>--end--
>
> here is file 2: resultsubmit.php
>

> > $to = 'email@xxxxxxxxxx';
> $from = 'local@localhost';
>
> //Check if we have something POSTed by the form.
> if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS)){
> //Start with an empty body for the mail message
> $body = '';
> //Iterate through all the POSTed variables, and add them to
>the message body.
> while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)){
> $body .= $key . ' = ' . $value . "
> ";
> }
> //Build up some nice From/Reply Headers
> $headers = "From: $from";
> //Mail the message out.
> //Requires setting php3.ini sendmail path as per instructions
> $success = mail($to, "Posted " . date("m/d/Y"), $body,
>$headers);
> //Always check return codes from functions.
> if ($success){
> echo "  Please wait... Your request is being
>processed...!";
> }
> else{
> echo "  Internal Error: Your input was