css

Hi everyone,

  I have created this website in PHP and mySQL at http://www.bps-testntag.com/ but have come accross an error I was not aware of before.

  Now I am using stylesheets and I have been surfing the net for about 90 minutes and yet to find a solution, so thought I'd post here, could be basic but i can't find it online anywhere.  Get alot of forum refrences but no solution.

  Here is the code below before I continue:

  html {
background : url(images/background3.jpg);
}
body {
margin : 0;
padding : 0 1px;
border : 0;
height : 100px;
background : url(images/background3.jpg);
}
body {
font-family : arial, serif;
font-size : 16px;
}
#page {
margin : 310px 0 50px 250px;
display : block;
width : 500px;
border : 1 solid #000;
background : url(images/background3.jpg);
padding : 10px;
}
#page .right {
font-size : 30px;
float : right;
}
#menu {
display : block;
top : 110px;
left : 20px;
width : 130px;
position : fixed;
border : 0;
padding : 10px;
text-align : center;
font-weight : bold;
color : #fff;
}
* html #menu {
position : absolute;
}
#menu a:visited, #menu a {
display : block;
width : 120px;
height : 20px;
margin : 0 auto;
border-top : 0 solid #fff;
border-bottom : 0 solid #000;
text-align : center;
text-decoration : none;
line-height : 20px;
color : #000;
}
#menu a:hover {
background : #aaa;
color : #fff;
}
.clear {
clear : both;
}
p:first-letter {
font-size : 25px;
color : #cc3333;
}
#fixpic {
display : block;
width : 108px;
height : 145px;
position : fixed;
bottom : 0;
left : 0;
}
* html #fixpic {
position : absolute;
}
#adsie {
position : absolute;
top : 10px;
right : 30px;
}

  Now I have been told NOT to use "px" but use "%" for meassurements because this is relient on resolution/screen_size.

  HOWEVER what does 1px equal in %?

  Some have said 30px equals 3% and some say 30px equals 30%.  30px and 30% don't seem right, I changed my CSS for this and it pushes everything only slightly to the RIGHT.  But removes the menu altogether.

  Can anyone offer some help here?

  Also if a table is made like this:

  I will continue to surf.