Re: RE: Problem installing mssql extension

The MSSQL extension does not rely on MySQL in any way. The only required
DLL is ntwdblib.dll.

It would help if you could post any error messages or some sample code
that shows your problem.

The 'correct' installation is to copy ntwdblib.dll to windows\system32 on
the system that runs the PHP scripts. It's even better to install the MS
SQL Server Client libs. These are fouind on the MS SQL Server CD. This
will install the Query Analyzer that can be used to check the connection,
but it also installs tools that lets you configure the default protocol
(NetBios is default if you don't install these) and create Server
aliases.

- Frank

> mssql has a dependency on mysql.  Go figure.
>
> MySQL has some dependencies, also, although they are a little easier to
> find info on and do not require installing other extensions.  If you
> have the PHPRC system path set to your Windows PHP directory, you
should
> be OK.  Otherwise you may have to copy some additional files to the
> system32 directory.
>
> -jim

winnt/system32/