ODBC Problem

Hi all:

Im  currently using php to connect to a database in another server, this is a
intersystems cache database.

if i do a query to my database and the result has special spanish characters
like "´" (á,é,í,ó,ú) it returns me another character, this one changes from
time to time, i just tried to make a test with the isql shell program, i
connect and ask for the same query and in shell it returns the correct characters.

If someone can help me please i'll apretiate.

Thanks
rodrigo