Re: How to Disable Daylight Savings Time on RedHat 9.0

> We have created a MySQL/ C application that gathers environmental data and

> does inserts into the db once per minute.
> A set of PHP applications reads this data and does some graphical
display
> of the values.
> Changing from Standard Time to Daylight Savings Time causes minor
> problems, but in the Fall, DST to ST will screw things up royally.

> I did some googling yesterday, and others have asked how to disable the
> automatic DST changeover in Red Hat 9.0, but no one really got an
answer,
> leading me to believe that it is not straight forward. Does anyone know
> how to do this??

Solved.

Turns out this is a multi-step process in Linux involving creating a text
file with new time zone rules, running it against 'zic' ( as in -- zic
newRules.tx ), then soft linking the output file to /etc/localtime.

See this link:
http://avi.alkalay.net/linux/docs/TimePrecision/TimePrecision.html#tz.linux

about which the author was kind enough to respond, and see 'man zic' for
more basic info and some additional examples.

--> David