How to Disable Daylight Savings Time on RedHat 9.0

We have created a MySQL/ C application that gathers environmental data and
does inserts into the db once per minute.
A set of PHP applications reads this data and does some graphical display
of the values.
Changing from Standard Time to Daylight Savings Time causes minor
problems, but in the Fall, DST to ST will screw things up royally.

I did some googling yesterday, and others have asked how to disable the
automatic DST changeover in Red Hat 9.0, but no one really got an answer,
leading me to believe that it is not straight forward. Does anyone know
how to do this??

Thanks very much,

David