Re: Programmer required

At 11:10 AM 2/2/2005, Martin Norland wrote:
Miles Thompson wrote:
This is waaay off topic, but:
I hope you mean retired, who will presumably work for less.
Why would you want one who's not current?
Just wondering - Miles
At 09:47 AM 2/2/2005, ioannes wrote:

I'm looking for a programmer, preferably in London or UK, who has been maybe out of work for a few years, to discuss an easy project with.
Pass the request on to your friends.

John

I believe the intention of asking for someone who's been out of work for a few years, was to find someone desperate - perhaps they've proposed this project multiple times and nobody wants to touch it :)

I didn't know you could say off topic on this list... guess you just can't say its abbreviated form in the subject or - ah heck, who knows.

Cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Martin,

a) Never thought of the "nobody wants to touch" angle -- seen some of those.
b) Maybe there's also a "won't pay properly" aspect at work here.

Miles