From: Martin Norland [mailto:martin.norland@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 3:53 PM
To: 'php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: 'php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re:  database connectivity problem

Adams, Jonathan K. [C] wrote:
> Here is the error: "Warning: sybase_connect() [function.sybase-connect]:
> Sybase: Unable to allocate connection record
>
> My configuration - The database is Sybase ASE 12.0 running on Solaris 8
> The webserver is Apache 1.3.33 with PHP 5 running Solaris 9
>
> The sybase libraries are shared via NFS, which is how I built the
apache....

Well, that error certainly doesn't look like it can't see the libraries
- it looks more like it can't write somewhere.  Are you sure there is
sufficient memory for the script [perhaps increase memory_limit in
php.ini], and that wherever php might need to store the connection
record externally (if applicable) is writable?

Unfortunately - you may not be alone:
	http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=30721
	http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=17489

Cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent