Re: IIS, PHP, and session data

Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office) wrote:
I am having trouble with my session data on Microsoft IIS.
[snip]
2) I have Apache running on a local web server in our office (not the
IT department). It accesses the SQL Server database remotely. I have
register_global turned OFF and use the following code on each page:

session_start();

session_register('logged_in');

session_register('username');

etc...

            Everything works PERFECTLY on my local system.

3)       I have ported all of my code to the IIS server location.  It
accesses the database correctly but displays an error message when I try to
use the session data.  It does NOT post messages that the session could not
be started (which is the normal sign of session data not being allowed).
The message says the variable does not exist.  It is as if the session is
started but the variables aren't being saved.

unless there is something I'm missing, register_globals isn't off on your development machine, otherwise that code isn't going to work. If there is additional code - e.g., you assigning those values something, then maybe I'm wrong.

It sure looks like your problem *is* register_globals being off, and that it's actually on in your testbed and you're mistaken.

Someone with more IIS experience - please feel free to chime in. It could just be some horrible common problem.

Cheers,
--
- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.