Re: IIS, PHP, and session data

Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office) wrote:
2) I have Apache running on a local web server in our office (not the
IT department). It accesses the SQL Server database remotely. I have
register_global turned OFF and use the following code on each page:

session_start();

session_register('logged_in');

session_register('username');

Are you using an old version of PHP? Don't use session_register(). Use session_start() and then reference everything with the $_SESSION array. In your code above, $logged_in and $username will not exist with register_globals off. That may be leading to the errors you see later.

The question I have is:

What concerns should I have with PHP sessions when I move from Apache to
IIS?

None if sessions are set up correctly on each machine and you're using the same version of PHP at the same error reporting level.

--

---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com