Re: IIS, PHP, and session data

Perry, Matthew (Fire Marshal's Office) wrote:
I am having trouble with my session data on Microsoft IIS.

Here is a little background of the problem:

1)       I am not personally in control of our web server.  Our IT
department manages it.  They have IIS running on their sever and use MS SQL
Server, but they have allowed me to use PHP instead of ASP.

2) I have Apache running on a local web server in our office (not the
IT department). It accesses the SQL Server database remotely. I have
register_global turned OFF and use the following code on each page:

session_start();

session_register('logged_in');

session_register('username');

have you tried using the $_SESSION superglobal instead?

you dont state the versions of php btw.

Thank you for your time,

Matthew Perry