Re: Re: Is this possible?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:20:20 +1100 (EST), JeRRy <jusa_98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me explain this a bit better, or try to. ;)
>
> Let's say I have some code on MY SERVER.
>
> I will call it "MYSERVER" and an outside server
> outside my local area "OUTSIDESERVER".
>
> Now I have PHP on "MYSERVER" to connect to a database
> on an "OUTSIDESERVER" and once establish do a few
> updates/deletes etc.
>
> Now the database names, passwords etc will be stored
> on "MYSERVER" which uses input themself to save.
>
> Now is this method security safe and possible or are
> most servers setup to a DB connection can only be made
> by "localhost"?

Security-safe, I don't know. :) Possible, yes. You can configure from
what host a particular user can be allowed to login. That's what
_host_  columns in the mysql databases' tables and the _host_ table
define.

I hope I am getting you right. :)

Regards,
Samar M.  aka Knight Samar

= Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.