Re: PHP connect to mysql problem

Tsegaye Woldegebriel wrote:

Anybody help!
I can't connect from my PHP to mysql using the following code:
$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "merkato")
   or die("Could not connect : " . mysql_error());
it replies with error:
Could not connect : Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Which version of MySQL do you have loaded, and which version of the MySQL package have you installed in PHP.
MySQL4.1 needs different combination to MySQL4 or earlier ?

--
Lester Caine