Re: oci8 cannot connect after restarting DB

Hi

This is because you are using persistent connections, which are
left dangling and do not restart after the database restarts.
Apparently you can hack your tnsnames.ora or oci8 extension.

See http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=15390

and http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=30808

Regards, John