Implementing search in a database driven website

Hi

I have a PHP-mysql website in which I want to implement search functionality.

Through the content management section, the user can enter data into
the database. Here he can enter HTML tags and embedded CSS stylesheets
also. Now the problem is while searching the table, I want to show
couple of lines of the relevant text. This gets displayed along with
the HTML tags and CSS entries. Is there anyway I can display only the
text ? I have tried strip_tags but it does not strip the CSS entries.

--
Warm Regards