Re: Implementing search in a database driven website

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 00:33 +0530, Vinayakam Murugan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a PHP-mysql website in which I want to implement search functionality.
>
> Through the content management section, the user can enter data into
> the database. Here he can enter HTML tags and embedded CSS stylesheets
> also. Now the problem is while searching the table, I want to show
> couple of lines of the relevant text. This gets displayed along with
> the HTML tags and CSS entries. Is there anyway I can display only the
> text ? I have tried strip_tags but it does not strip the CSS entries.
>
> --
> Warm Regards
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Vinayak

You're going to have replace all the css tags when you pull the data
out...or rethink how you handle this sort of stuff in your CMS.
(html/css inside the content isn't fun to deal with)

-Robby

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx